General Contest Rules
WDDD-FM, WVZA-FM, WTAO-FM, WHET-FM, WFRX-AM, and Withers Broadcasting Company of Southern Illinois, LLC. (Company), will conduct its contests substantially as described in these general contesting rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are non-transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be redeemed within 30 days of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. Often times prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
2. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents. If the contest is open to minors, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Unless otherwise stated in the official contest rules, only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for each contest. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren. Winners are only eligible to win once per 30 day period.
3. Communication/Delivery Disclaimer. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. For all contests the Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Entry forms for register-to-win contests are required to be handwritten. Photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms are not permitted.
4. PR, Publicity, Promotion; Use of Personal Information. By participating in a contest, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
5. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize.
6. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules.
7. Conduct, Judging, and Decisions. By participating in a contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or a contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of a contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
8. Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue a contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned.
9. Law Compliance. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about a contest, etc. as required by local and state law.