MCLEANSBORO – Hamilton Memorial Hospital District (HMHD) announced Tuesday updates to their visitor policy.
The updated guidelines note no restrictions, including age limitations or number of visitors, currently in place for:
• Medical/Surgical Inpatients, not under isolation precautions
• Emergency room patients
• Surgery patients
• Special comfort care situations
However, isolated inpatients, including those with COVID-19 – may not receive visitors, but family, friends, and loved ones are encouraged to use electronic devices and applications to connect with patients, officials said.
Hospital visitors will be asked for the following upon arrival:
• check-in at the front desk and follow verbal or posted instructions.
• complete a health screening questionnaire and temperature check.
• wear a mask at all times; unmasked visitors will be instructed to do so or exit the facility.
• not to stay or wait in the lobby or other public spaces in the hospital unless asked to do so by the care team and limit going in and out of care areas and building.
For more information about COVID-19, and the safety precautions Hamilton Memorial Hospital is
taking, visit hmhospital.org or call 618.643.2361 ext. 0.