BENTON – Franklin County State’s Attorney Abby Dinn announced Tuesday that 19 people have been indicted in Franklin County on 30 felony charges of Unlawful Delivery of Methamphetamine.
The indictments were handed down by a Grand Jury Friday.
According to a press release from the Franklin County State’s Attorney office, the undercover investigation spanned six months and was conducted by the Southern Illinois Drug Task Force using agents and confidential sources with assistance from the Franklin County State’s Attorney’s Office along with Illinois State Police in Du Quoin, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office and police departments from West Frankfort, Christopher, Zeigler, Benton and West City.
The following individuals were arrested Monday for unlawful delivery of methamphetamine.
- Jared Ray, a 32-year-old male from West Frankfort
- Justin Osborne, a 31-year-old male from Benton
- Preston Williams, a 23-year-old male from West Frankfort
- Brandy Wilkerson, a 41-year-old female from Benton
- Jeremy Upton, a 31-year-old male from Benton
- Ryan Murphy, a 41-year-old male from West Frankfort
- Chad Turley, a 31-year-old male from West Frankfort
- Shane Webster, a 37-year-old male from Zeigler
- Courtney Weaver, a 27-year-old male from West City
- James Munyon, a 29-year-old male from West Frankfort
- Wesley Miller, a 33-year-old male from West Frankfort
- Spring Leonard, a 22-year-old female from West Frankfort
- Jeffrey Connell, a 42-year-old male from West Frankfort
- Twenty-eight-year-old Cody Shulda of West Frankfort was arrested for possession of methamphetamine.
- Thirty-four-year-old Travis Braden of McLeansboro was wanted on a warrant.
According to Dinn, bonds on some of the accused are upwards of $100,000 due to seriousness and the danger involved with the types of investigations. Dinn anticipates more indictments in the near future.