The City of Carbondale is giving the gift of free parking this holiday season.
Beginning Monday, December 10, visitors will be able to park in the following locations at no cost for up to two hours:
- On-Street Metered Parking
- Lot 4 – South Illinois Avenue and Lincoln Drive
- Lot 6 – South Illinois Avenue and West Walnut Street South
- Lot 7 – North Illinois Avenue and West Jackson Street (Town Square Pavilion)
- Lot 8 – 700 Block of South Illinois Avenue (Behind Fat Patties)
- Lot 11 – South Illinois Avenue and West Main Street (Across from Mary Lou’s)
- Lot 13 – South Illinois Avenue and West College Street (Amtrak Station to College Street)
- Lot 14 – 200 S. Illinois Avenue (City Hall)
- Lot 16 – North Washington Street and East Jackson Street (Across from Tres Hombres)
- Lot 23 – 100 E. Jackson Street (Next to Longbranch)
- Lot 25 – South Illinois Avenue and West Walnut Street North (Behind Cristaudo’s)
- Lot 26 – 901 S. Illinois Avenue (Behind Harbaugh’s)
Unrestricted parking with no time limit is available in the following locations: :
- Lot 3 – Mill and Washington Streets
- Lot 19 – Washington and Main Streets
Free parking is not available at the Amtrak Lot. Parking meters will be marked with holiday bags and parking lots will have signs. Free parking ends on January 6.
If you would like more information or have questions about the free parking, call Parking Services at (618) 457-3277.