Titled For the Good Times: A Tribute to Ray Price, Nelson’s new project will feature 12 covers of Price’s most famous songs, including “Crazy Arms” and “City Lights.” Nelson recorded the disc in collaboration with producer Fred Foster and arranger Bergen White, both country music legends in their own right and both of whom worked on Price’s final album, Beauty Is …, which was recorded at Nashville’s Ocean Way Studios. In an homage of sorts, Nelson returned to the studio to record For the Good Times.
The connection between Nelson and Price runs deep: In 1960, shortly after Nelson moved to Nashville to become a musician, Price picked up a Nelson composition called “Night Life” as the music he used to open his shows. The duo continued to collaborate, releasing three albums together between 1980 and 2007, including Last of the Breed, which also featured Merle Haggard.
For the Good Times: A Tribute to Ray Price is set for release on Sept. 16. A complete track listing is below; a number of the songs feature the Time Jumpers.
Willie Nelson, For the Good Times: A Tribute to Ray Price Track Listing:
1. “Heartaches By the Number” (feat. the Time Jumpers)
2. “I’ll Be There (If You Ever Want Me)” (feat. the Time Jumpers)
3. “Faded Love”
4. “It Always Will Be”
5. “City Lights” (feat. the Time Jumpers)
6. “Don’t You Ever Get Tired of Hurting Me” (feat. the Time Jumpers)
7. “Make the World Go Away”
8. “I’m Still Not Over You”
9. “Night Life”
10. “Crazy Arms” (feat. the Time Jumpers)
11. “Invitation to the Blues” (feat. the Time Jumpers)
12. “For the Good Times”
Photo Source: YouTube Screen Capture