West Frankfort – A West Frankfort home is badly damaged after a fire that happened yesterday afternoon. According to reports from the Fire Department, fire crews were called to a home on East Oak Street at around 3:30 to a garage fire. When they arrived they found that the fire had spread throughout the house. Crews were able to put out the fire after about three hours but the home was badly damaged. The cause of the fire is believed to have been a space heater that was being used to thaw frozen pipes. No injuries are being reported.